Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Oak Park, How I love Thee


This morning I completed my Tuesday AM ritual of picking up all the trash that has blown into my pre-yard over the weekend. Pre-yard, you see, is the term I use for the part of my front lawn that is adjacent to the street, and separated from the FRONT yard by a fence and juniper bushes. At any rate, like every Teusday morning, the whole thing was littered with the detritus of my fellow Oak Park dwellers. The Food Ghetto is across the way, and lots of foot traffic goes by each day from the heart of the neighborhood. These folks must be allergic to garbage cans, or mortally afraid of them, or something. You can track the season pretty well by the type of wrapper I am picking up in my yard you see. This time of year there are lots of ice cream and Popsicle packages. In the fall you switch to your Mars Bars and Grandmas Cookies. There are some favorites through out the year: the plastic covering of cigarette boxes, Slim Jim wrappers and of course, little baggies that previously held crack or meth. AWESOME.

No comments: