Friday, July 20, 2007

Beanie Ahoy!

Hooray! Today Sarah had her first ultrasound! We have been pretty nervous about not knowing exactly how far along we are (excepting we knew the LONGEST time possible....) and we were quite eager to get this done! Apparently the little blip on the screen, floating in the ether, is our little beanie! The length of pregnancy can be determined by the crown to rump length (who thinks this crap up?). The resolution of this ultrasound is pretty amazing, as the beanie is only 3 MM long! That puts us at 5 weeks, 6 days, with a due date of March 15th 2008. This also means that I will be 49 years old when this kid is singing the Windham High fight song at graduation. Cripes.
We've made a trip to Borders and picked up a couple books on the whole crazy adventure. I got one all about us poor marginalized fathers and how the woman is trying to keep us down. I'm totally going to fight the power. Unlike women who fight the power with brains and savvy, I plan on fighting it with BBQ, monster trucks and screaming guitar solo's lifted from Turbonegro records. "Ain't no one gonna take stride, ain't nobody going to slow me down, oh no! I've got to keep on moving!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Captain Obvious, er, I mean Captain Awesome! YAY! Now, how about a blog update?

Mara Campbell said...

Fight The Power!!!!!!!