Sunday, January 4, 2009

Exiled Update #4


My crazy sister-in-law Ari over at the Week Weekly decided to post about things that she wish were, but aren't.  She of course wants to be a some 10nth Level Mage with Goblin spells or something obnoxious like that, but it did start me thinking....

I am fortunate in several aspects of my life, namely that I am gainfully employed.  I am EXTREMELY fortunate in that I make good money, enjoy what I do, and my work is socially redeeming.  However, there are still days when I wonder just what else I could have done.  My co-worker Aaron and I have are particularly enamoured of the construction workers outside the hospital.  For the past several years these have mostly been metal workers, you know welders, pipe fitters, etc.  They come to work the same time we do, 0600hrs, and their day seems to proceed thusly: Work for three hours, smoke and coffee break for 15 mins, work another three hours, Lunch break, work three hours, and then go home.  Yeah, its a long day, but I bet they make good money, are outside all day sort of doing there own thing, and look especially happy sitting around eating there lunches out of giant coolers.  

Our biggest envy is that they are probably telling fart jokes.  Our coworkers are great, but they are women.  No fart jokes.  *sigh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I resent that remark! I am a woman and LOVE fart jokes!

The Week Weekly said...

You should WANT to be something manly! I mean you ARE a male nurse arnt you? HaHa your a women basically.