Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Exiled Update #3 - SPECIAL CHRISTMAS ADDITION #2

My two favorite 2008 Christmas Memories are indicative of the awesome life I lead, one in which I have family who are interesting and constantly coming up with something else to challenge your concept of "normal"

Lets start with this young man. This is Kevin. Kevin is now seven
. Kevin speaks the truth. After we opened more presents Christmas afternoon at the Morgan's, he was standing in the middle of the floor, gyrating like some of sort of excited atomic particles you see in animations. I looked him in the eye and asked him, "Whats so exciting???!!" He looked me right back in the eye, took both my hands, pulled me close and yelled, " I HAVE NO IDEA!!!! HAHAHAHA" Remember in The Shining when Jack busts through the door? That was the same gleam Kevin had. Pure, unadulterated madness and glee. But not the insane kind. Thanks Kevin for reminding me what being a kid at Christmas is all about!


And here is my dad. He explores his world much the same way infants do, by putting things in his mouth. When they were here in CA last, he wandered down the street and found this Mexican place called Pon
cho's, where he had goat soup and menudo, and NEVER shut up about it. We finally lied to him and told him that Poncho died of Tuberculosis just so he'd stop asking us if we'd been there yet. After Christmas we told him his last present was that Poncho was, indeed, alive and well so far as we knew. Dad and I strolled the 8 blocks down Stockton Blvd., where much to our gustatory glee, the goat soup was hot, and the beer cold. I had a a burrito, but dad (seen here gnawing on a goat knuckle) had the soup. Viva la intestinal parasites!

3 comments:

Mara Campbell said...

Such a cute pic of Kevin and then there's your dad chowing down on goat knuckles. Ah, the holidays!!!

Anonymous said...

How awesome of a kid- this year after getting a million presents at his birthday, Joshua asked, "Is that all?"
Glad you had an awesome birthday- I got snow on mine- here in LA!

The Week Weekly said...

i think your a loser. A freaking loser