Sunday, February 8, 2009

Exiled Update #10 - ITS REALLY BEER Edition.



WOW. Okay, so am now officially in love with beer brewing. I popped open a bottle a couple of days ago, and here, in the glass, are the results!
I can't believe I actually did it! I had nightmare visions of drinking pee flavored cider. It turns out that I made a beverage which tasts suspiciously like a stout ale. It definitely needs a few weeks more to age, but the carbonation seems to be good, and the cidery sweetness evident just a few days before is entirely gone!
Sitting in a carbouy right now is my next attempt. This is a light ale, the "Crazy Willie Light Ale" to be precise. One day Mo-BumBum Farms will roll off your tongue as easily as Stella, SierraNevada, or dare I say it, Pabst. For my third attempt I'll be making a red ale. I got a turkey fryer burner now, hope it speeds up the boil process...

3 comments:

The Week Weekly said...

Yay! its really here! the moment we have been waiting for. if you dont send a bottle to your brother i will never forgive your punkself.
love your sister-in-law
ps. i love you sarah

Mara Campbell said...

Yeah Jason! Your head looks great! Hmmm...that sounded weird....

Sarah said...

Mara you are so dirty.