Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Art, it giveth me so much joy!!

I awoke this morning to the a new art installation in my front yard. I don't know who or what glorious being is responsible for bringing this light to my life, but I thank them. In a world so often turned ugly by the violence and senselessness of the human race, its so nice to know that somewhere, somehow, beauty remains. I present to you some pictures of this marvelous bit of avant garde magnificence.




Is this a statement about the Earth's forests being overrun by machines? Is it a plea for release from the surly bonds of gravity? Did a hobo fall from the sky whilst ballooning? Do aliens wear sneakers and drop them sometimes during anal probes? We might never know. Just enjoy.

2 comments:

Mara Campbell said...

Whoever left that incredible art in your yard must be frickin' genuises!!!! Did I spell that right? Probably not, so you know it wasn't me!!

Anonymous said...

apparently there were quasi-naked runners in your neighborhood...did the neighbors' trees have t-shirts and shorts in them, or did they wait until further along the road??