Friday, August 3, 2007

Yoga, flooring and a few days grace


Okay, so we're at week #8 now! Our little Beanie is about the size of a pinto bean and has flipper like feet and is developing eye lids. The atria and ventricles are now clearly defined. Sarah is still looking svelte! Also the past couple of days she's felt a bit better, which has been a nice change! (mostly for her, but me too!) I am still really impressed with how she's handling the constant feeling of nausea and exhaustion though, she's a tough cookie!


Her mom came up this week and we took a nice jaunt to Ikea, a totally new experience for me! I had no idea what those crazy Swedes had been up to, but now I know. While a lot of the furniture seems like it should inhabit apartments of men who go by Lars of Hans, some of it is pretty cool. The baby furniture selection is actually really good, and they have a lot of whole room design stuff that is affordable and attractive. I am pretty sure Sarah has already picked out a theme for the baby's room!


Come to find out, Ikea sells REALLY affordable laminate flooring too. Sarah and I did some reasearch on-line today, and while not being the BEST option, its a reasonable middle ground. At 1.29/sqft, its about a third as expensive as the other stores, comes with a 15 year guarantee (about 13 years longer than I think we'll need) and has a totally easy to follow installation video on-line. We're going to start out on the guest room first and see how it goes, but I suspect we'll be able to finish most of the downstairs out in it. The cost of doing the guest room should come in somewhat less than $350.00, and I estimate it will cost about another $800.00 or so to finish the rest of the area downstairs. This is in contrast to the 5k I figured. So the final word on IKEA : blodig skitbra! (Swedish for Bloody Good!)


Oh yeah, we're going to take Yoga together. Her for the back pain, me cause I need to do something healthy. They totally have yoga for big fat pregnant chicks which we'll do later!

1 comment:

Mara Campbell said...

Yoga for fat pregnant chicks ROCKS!!!!

Hope all is well!